P160 MEISSEN HAUSMALEREI PLATE
The porcelain circa 1740, blue crossed swords mark, the decoration from the workshop of Ferdinand Mayer of Pressnitz circa 1760
The center painted with a jester performing for a seated couple, the rim with fruiting bows, putti busts and a rocaille scroll reading Winder
(small rim chip)
9 in. (22.9) diameter
Cleo M. and G. Ryland Scott Jr., Antique Porcelain Digest, Newport, England, 1961, p. 190, plate 61, fig 241.
On display in the Scott-Allen Collection at The High Museum of Art, Atlanta, Georgia from 1976 until 1996